- A descriptive term for something that is in a cluster or bunch.From the Latin “racemus” meaning “a cluster or bunch, particularly of grapes.”
* * *Branching, with nodular terminations; resembling a bunch of grapes. [L. racemosus, full of clusters]
* * *ra·ce·mose 'ras-ə-.mōs; rā-'sē-, rə- adj having or growing in a form like that of a cluster of grapes <\racemose glands>
* * *adj.resembling a bunch of grapes. The term is applied particularly to a compound gland the secretory part of which consists of a number of small sacs.
* * *rac·e·mose (rasґə-mōs) [L. racemosus] resembling a bunch of grapes on its stalk.
Medical dictionary. 2011.
См. также в других словарях:
Racemose — Rac e*mose (r[a^]s [ e]*m[=o]s ), a. [L. racemosus full of clusters.] Resembling a raceme; growing in the form of a raceme; as, (Bot.) racemose berries or flowers; (Anat.) the racemose glands, in which the ducts are branched and clustered like a… … The Collaborative International Dictionary of English
racemose — [ras′ə mōs΄] adj. [L racemosus] arranged in, or bearing, a raceme or racemes … English World dictionary
racemose — adjective Etymology: Latin racemosus full of clusters, from racemus Date: 1698 having or growing in the form of a raceme … New Collegiate Dictionary
racemose — adj. [L. racemus, bunch] Bunch, as perhaps of grapes … Dictionary of invertebrate zoology
racemose — racemosely, adv. /ras euh mohs /, adj. 1. Bot. a. having the form of a raceme. b. arranged in racemes. 2. Anat. (of a gland) resembling a bunch of grapes; having branching ducts that end in acini. [1690 1700; < L racemosus full of clusters,… … Universalium
racemose — adjective Having flowers arranged along a single central axis, as in a raceme, spike, or catkin. See Also: raceme … Wiktionary
racemose — rÃ¦sÉªmÉ™ÊŠs adj. arranged in clusters around a common stem (Botany) … English contemporary dictionary
racemose — [ rasɪməʊs, z] adjective 1》 Botany of the form of a raceme. 2》 Anatomy of the form of a cluster. Origin C17: from L. racemosus, from racemus (see raceme) … English new terms dictionary
racemose — rac·e·mose … English syllables
racemose — adj. resembling a bunch of grapes. The term is applied particularly to a compound gland the secretory part of which consists of a number of small sacs … The new mediacal dictionary