- An instrument that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy. A transducer can also act as a transmitter and receiver of ultrasound information.
* * *- piezoelectric t. a t. that converts electric into mechanical energy and vice versa, used in ultrasound diagnosis or therapy.
* * *trans·duc·er -'d(y)ü-sər n a device that is actuated by power from one system and supplies power usu. in another form to a second system
* * *n.a device used to convert one form of signal into another, allowing its measurement or display to be made appropriately. For example, an ultrasound probe converts reflected ultrasound waves into electronic impulses, which can be displayed on a TV monitor.
* * *trans·du·cer (trans-dooґsər) a receptor or artificial device that translates one form of energy to another, such as pressure, temperature, or pulse to an electrical signal.
Medical dictionary. 2011.
Look at other dictionaries:
Transducer — [træns djuːsə, englisch] der, s/ , allgemeine Bezeichnung für Wandler, im engeren Sinn der Messumformer … Universal-Lexikon
transducer — (n.) 1924, device which converts energy from one form to another, from L. transducere lead across, transfer, from trans across (see TRANS (Cf. trans )) + ducere to lead (see DUKE (Cf. duke) (n.)) … Etymology dictionary
transducer — Transducer Трансдьюсер Устройство, преобразующее отклик распознающего элемента (физической или химической природы) в измеряемый сигнал (как правило, электрический), величина которого пропорциональна концентрации определяемого вещества или… … Толковый англо-русский словарь по нанотехнологии. - М.
transducer — ► NOUN ▪ a device that converts variations in a physical quantity (such as pressure or brightness) into an electrical signal, or vice versa. DERIVATIVES transduction noun. ORIGIN from Latin transducere lead across … English terms dictionary
transducer — [trans do͞os′ər, tranzdo͞os′ər; trans dyo͞os′ər] n. [< L transducere, to lead across < trans , over + ducere, to lead (see DUCT + ER] any of various devices that transmit energy from one system to another, sometimes one that converts the… … English World dictionary
transducer — /trans dooh seuhr, dyooh , tranz /, n. a device that receives a signal in the form of one type of energy and converts it to a signal in another form: A microphone is a transducer that converts acoustic energy into electrical impulses. [1920 25; < … Universalium
Transducer — A transducer is a device, usually electrical, electronic, electro mechanical, electromagnetic, photonic, or photovoltaic that converts one type of energy or physical attribute to another for various purposes including measurement or information… … Wikipedia
transducer — UK [trænzˈdjuːsə(r)] / US [trænzˈdusər] noun [countable] Word forms transducer : singular transducer plural transducers physics a piece of equipment that gets power from one source and then changes that power so that it can be used by another… … English dictionary
transducer — noun Date: 1924 a device that is actuated by power from one system and supplies power usually in another form to a second system < a loudspeaker is a transducer that transforms electrical signals into sound energy > … New Collegiate Dictionary
transducer — eddy current transducer … Mechanics glossary